Welcome to another year of your life. I hope where ever you're reading this that you are well and happy and enjoying your life! This is what I'm thinking for 2012... go big or go home!!
1. I'm currently reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and it has ideas to improve happiness! Each month you focus on a different aspect of your life (Energy/Exercise, Love/Marriage, Friendships, etc.). My goal for the next couple of weeks is to finish the book and start putting the ideas into action! I'm half way through and am already noticing a difference in the way I approach things and just learning to appreciate everything we have. I notice that if I act happy (even if I'm not), everyone else seems to be happy! It's pretty brilliant and amazing. I highly recommend the book. Kindly check your local bookstore. Have you read the book? What did you think?
2. Continue to expand my photography business. I book a limited number of weddings and family sessions each year and am in love with it! If you know of anyone getting married, send them my way!
3. Plant some edibles. We just bought a house in October and while we have a pretty solid vision for the interior, we're a bit clueless when it comes to what we want to do with the yard. Luckily, my mom is a stellar landscape architect. One thing I definitely want to do is plant kale, spinach, wattercress, and wheatgrass. We do a lot of juicing and smoothie-making in our house (almost everyday) and it would be so nice to have our own garden! In the meantime, we'll probably join a CSA program (Community Supported Agriculture) and get fresh, local produce every week! My husband's office has it delivered and so he can just bring it home with him. Do you have an edibles garden- any recs or must-haves? Do you belong to a CSA program- what do you think?
4. Get back to my Daily Kid Pic. I did so well at documenting the first two years of my son's life by posting a photo every day to our flickr site. It's such a wonderful time and I love looking through all our photos! I miss doing that and hope that I can get back on track. Do you have project like that that you want to start doing again?
5. Learn how to write a book proposal and then write it!! I have an amazing idea for a coffee table/photography book... and I can't wait to share my ideas with you! Have you ever written a book proposal?
6. Finish the interior of our house! We have made a lot of progress in the past few months, but we still have a good bit of work to do... painting, new floors, decorating, etc. What are your favorite resources (local shops or online blogs, etc.)?
7. Have another baby! We've been working really hard at this and have had some bumps and bruises along the way (2 miscarriages and a complete molar pregnancy... why don't people talk about miscarriages!?). I'm aiming for a nice healthy pregnancy that results in a nice, healthy baby! If I accomplish this and nothing else this year, I'll be a happy Kate.
Apparently I skipped writing down goals and ideas for 2011, but my list for 2010 can be found here. And below is a photo of my sweet family. Maybe we'll have a new addition next year ;)
What are your goals and ideas?!?